Monday, July 16, 2007

We're having a baby!!

Oh, where to begin. We're expecting a baby! I still cannot believe I am typing those words. This is completely unexpected. Joel took the news much better than I did. As most of you know, I always wanted to have another baby some day, without a doubt. I just didn't feel we're ready right now, especially with all of Caleb's ongoing health issues. After being in denial for two weeks and then hysterical for two days after I took the test, I think I've come to terms with it. Aside from the whole prematurity issue, my main concern is Caleb and how he will feel about all of this. I don't want him to feel like he's being replaced or loved any less (yes, as you can see I am still emotional about it all!) Now that it's "hit" us, we are very excited. But after having a pregnancy where pretty much everything went wrong (except that we have a beautiful little boy as a result), you can all imagine we're extremely nervous. We know that God has a plan for us, and only gives people as much as they can handle, but sometimes we feel like we can hardly handle Caleb! He still gets up at least 3-5 times a night and we continue to struggle with his eating (although it is 100 times better). This was definitely not our plan, but we are ready for the challenge. And can't wait (well, we can wait at least 28+ more weeks!!) to meet our new addition. We are fortunate to have wonderful families and friends and are blessed to have so much love and support. This baby is already loved, that's for sure!!

Instead of sending out mass emails to keep everyone informed, I have decided to try and keep an ongoing journal of our next adventure on this site. I'll keep you updated on Caleb as well as our pregnancy. As you can see, it's nothing fancy. I just want to be able to keep everyone informed a little better than I did with Caleb (especially after he was born). I don't know how to post pictures on here yet, so keep checking our winkflash site for pics of our adorable boy. I'll probably send out pics on email once in a while too.

So there you have it, my first post. Please continue to keep us in our prayers.

No comments: