Of course my OB was out of the country when I found out I was pregnant. So, today was my first visit with him. Ironically, I just saw him about 2 months ago for my yearly exam and to get a prescription for birth control (which I never got to start since I was already pregnant!) Anyway, he was surprised to see me back and even more surprised that I'm pregnant. He was very supportive about everything and told me that there is no reason to believe that I will have a repeat of my pregnancy with Caleb. My labs and ultra sound look "excellent." However, now that I have the history of early PROM (premature rupture of membranes) and Caleb was born 3 months early, I now have the label of "high risk." Originally he had told me that if I would ever get pregnant again, he'd put me on bed rest at 14 weeks until the end. Today, he told me that I will see a perinatologist (high risk OB) at 14 weeks and have another ultrasound and they'd then discuss what the plan will be. He thinks I'll need a cerclage (stitch in my cervix) since my issue may be an incompetent cervix. Bed rest will be discussed at that time too. I told him that there is really no way I can be on complete bed rest as I was with Caleb. That would cause more stress on me than anything. Of course we want to do everything to avoid an early delivery and another baby in the NICU. So, we'll see in about a month what their recommendations are.
And the craziest news of the day was after he did calculations from my ultrasound and LMP, my due date is the exact same day as Caleb's original due date. Lets hope we can make it to February this time!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment