Friday, December 5, 2008

Dear Caleb,

I cannot believe that my little buddy is going to be 3 tomorrow! You are growing up way too fast. It seems like just yesterday I was begging you to hold on and keep fighting....look at you now! You are definitely our little miracle.

You have made so many strides with your development this year. Everyday you are learning to do something new. Even in this past week, you are talking more and more, even saying some sentences. Maybe you ARE ready to be a "model" for your speech class! You always want to prove me wrong! (Although please don't teach the other kids the word you've been saying all day today that starts with F and rhymes with duck. I am not sure where you heard that one, but you clearly know it's naughty...you are such a little stinker!)

You are becoming more sure of yourself everyday, and even danced with the other kids at your library class this week. You even showed them your "booty shake!" This is the first time that you have joined in with the group and you made me so proud. Actually, I am proud of everything you do. I never dreamed that you'd be doing all of these amazing things. You are clearly trying to ditch the "preemie label." I promise that I will try and let go of the past too.

I am also very proud of you for becoming a great big brother. I know that "I-Hoppy" came and disrupted your life, but you are starting to realize that he's not so bad after all. Even though you don't always show it, I know that you are very concerned about him and care about him very much. That makes me so happy. One day you guys are going to be best friends. (Either that, or Isaac will probably squash you and force you to be friends with him!)

Happy Birthday, Caleb! We love you so much!

Love,
Mommy

(If you haven't noticed by now, my computer-savvy self (yah right) figured out how to put songs on here. I picked a couple that remind me of Caleb.)

1 comment:

Sarah Furlough said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You are one of my most favorite December miracle babies! I hope one day you and Cooper can get together and show everyone just how amazing you are!