The only reason I am sharing this, is because we will probably be seeing many of you soon and my husband likes to retell the story. Each time he tells it he changes it to make it worse than it really was (although it was pretty bad to begin with!!)
We went to church on Christmas Eve. Caleb chowed down on garlic parmesan chips during the service, but I forgot to bring something for him to drink. By the time we were in the car, he was freaking out that he was "firsty." The only water we had in the car was frozen, but since this kid doesn't let up when he wants something, I decided to try and fill up the bottle with fresh water in the church. Since it was freezing out, Joel dropped me off by the front door.
When I came back out, I ran to where the van had been. It was so cold and windy, I quickly climbed into the blue van that I assumed was ours. (See where this is going! Why would I think that my lovely husband would move OUR van across the parking lot and think that I'd see him in the complete darkness??!!)
So I climbed in, shut the door, and turned around to give Caleb his water. Not even looking at my "husband" who was sitting in the drivers seat. At the same moment I saw an empty car seat, the man said "Opps! Wrong car!!"
Not knowing really what to do, I opened the door, jumped out, said "Merry Christmas!" and shut the door. Man, was I mortified! His wife and children were right behind me, probably wondering what in the heck I was doing! (I have never seen them before, so hopefully they were just visiting!) And then to top it off, I could not find our van ANYWHERE, so I had no where to hide!! And all the while, Joel and Caleb were laughing their heads off watching me try to find them. Nice huh?
Never a dull moment in the Land of Trisha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
No words Trisha, no words! I think I will read this story anytime I need a good laugh - hilarious!
Thanks for the laugh!! That was a great story!!
Too funny! I once tried to enter a jaguar instead of Sharon's mustang...heck, they are both animals...but never did manage to get inside the thing.
Happy New Year, guys!
Post a Comment