Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What's new with IZ Boo??


Isaac has definitely left his babyhood behind. Except for the constant need for his pacie and blanket, he's a little man now. He can count to 13, knows his shapes, and I've caught him singing his version of the ABC's. We've been working on his colors and either he's trying to play mind games with me, or he really doesn't know them (or he could be colorblind...KIDDING!!). I will show him 2 cups and say "red or green," while showing him which is which and he'll point to the green one and say "purple." And most of the time when I ask him what color something is, he'll reply "red" and when I tell him it's not red, he'll then say "pink." We'll have to keep working on that:)

He's talking up a storm now, and is becoming easier to understand. He still loves his sleep and sleeps 12 hours at night and takes a 3 hour nap in the afternoon. Sometimes I have to wake him up to take Caleb to preschool (at 8:30 AM) and then his entire day is completely off. For some reason, he needs to play for 10 minutes in his crib after he wakes up before I go in to get him. It's so funny to listen to him...he usually is singing, or talking to his increasing number of stuffed animals he sleeps with. When I go to get him up in the morning or after his nap, and try to get him out of his crib and he says "I tired" and won't let me pick him up.

He continues to be very sensitive and when Caleb takes something away from him or won't let him play, he'll come running to me and say "I sad." Or he'll start yelling "Awwwww, Cay-yub!!" Or if I tell him "no" he says "Awwww, Mommy!" And when we are dropping Caleb off at preschool, he yells "I-D pee-school!" because he wants to stay.



He is becoming more and more of a sports enthusiast everyday. He's always carrying around some sort of ball. He especially likes to "kick it." He can spot a soccer field from a mile away when we are driving in the car and yells "Cock-er! Kick it!" He's also always on the lookout for "bay-ball" (baseball) and "Ah-ball" (football) players.

He also continues to be a stinker and hitting is his new favorite thing to do. He even adds sound effects and says "Bam! Bam!" while he's doing it. I came up from doing laundry yesterday and he was sitting on the timeout chair, and I asked him why he was on there. He looked at me and said "No hitting." When I asked him who put him on time out, he replied "Cay-yub." When I ask him to do something he doesn't want to do, he'll ignore me at first, and when I say his name again, he replies "Whaaaaat?!" He loves music and knows most of the words for the songs "John Deere Green" by Joe Diffie, "Joey" by Sugarland, and "I got a feeling" by Black Eyed Peas. He's also very into the word "poopy" and will add that into the songs as well (Like "John Deere poooooopy" or "Joey, I so poooopy". Can you tell he's already a handful?

He still asks to sit on the potty chair quite often. He insisted on wearing some of Caleb's underwear the other day, so I let him try it. He went on the potty all morning and stayed dry. But then got really into playing and didn't want to go when I asked him, and ended up wetting them. Since I never really had to use pull-ups with Caleb, I still had some in the closet and put one on him yesterday (see above picture) because he refused to wear his diaper. I told him that he needed to keep Diego dry or he'd be sad. He stayed dry all morning, but then came up to me and said "Sad." I asked him who was sad and he pointed to his pull-up and said "Dee-go." So he is totally aware of what he's doing. I should probably bite the bullet and really work on it, but I still think 21 months is sort of young to completely understand the concept. We'll see....

I think that pretty much covers what's new with him. I still cannot believe that he's almost two years old!!

No comments: