Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Halloween Edition

We had a great Halloween! The shots they got in the AM didn't seem to phase them at all. (I ended up having to work so Joel took them. He said Caleb didn't even flinch/cry and Isaac just yelled "Oweeeee!" And for those of you wondering, they both got the preservative free vaccine, thanks to my note I sent along and Joel and his mom's persistence!!)

As you can see, Caleb wore the same outfit as last year (Although it fit better this year...it's a 2T and he got new boots.) And Isaac was a football player.


He went to our friends' annual Halloween party. The boys had fun playing with their friends before we went trick or treating. Here's a picture of most of the kids. (I think 3 are missing...)


Isaac and lady bug Mallory:
The boys had so much fun trick or treating. Caleb did not want to do it at first. But, after he saw his buddies and Isaac running up the driveways to the houses, he decided to join in too. He always asked "Dis one not scary Mom?" at each house! He went to a few houses, but he had just as much fun pulling the wagon. I cannot get over how cute Isaac was running up to each door. It seemed like he's been trick or treating for years! It was SO cold out, but they didn't seem to mind. When we got in the car to go home, it was 36 degrees!



Isaac LOVES candy. I went downstairs to do laundry today and when I came back up, he was eating a sucker that he had taken off the counter and figured out how to open by himself. I've had to limit him to one piece after his meals, otherwise I think he would eat it all in one sitting. Caleb has eaten one little Nerd candy (and no, I am not taking the whole little box, just one.tiny.ball). He likes to carry his pumpkin around with the candy in it though. He's very proud of it!

Oh, and I need to write this down too. Out of the blue Isaac told me that he wanted to go "pa-ee" today and he actually went on the potty chair! We did the potty dance and I gave him an M&M. About an hour later he told me he had to go again, and he did! Of course he wanted a M&M again! I'll give him all the M&M's he wants if he's going to go potty! Now I just need to decide if I really want to start potty training him....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Way to go Isaac!! Man he really can't wait to grow up and be just like his big brother!! It sounds like he is definitely ready. Mallory has told me a few times "poo poo" but hasn't be able to go on the potty....even with the boys trying to show her how by making lots of grunting noises.