Caleb seemed very overwhelmed by everything. He did a little "playing" but a lot of lying on the floor and chewing on his fingers. When I signed him up for this preschool, I thought it was perfect for him because it focuses on socialization. But, now I am wondering if he really needs a preschool with more structure. He is very comfortable around adults, but doesn't have social skills when it comes to kids his own age. He is perfectly content sitting in the corner by himself, or laying on the floor in his own little world.
Anyway, back to the party. The "Weight Watchers Ladies" had a bunch of goodies for them, so they got to go trick or treating. He's so excited about all of his candy, but of course he won't eat any of it. Isaac on the other hand, is loving having all of this candy around!
Here are some cute pics I took that day:
His class

Caleb with "Warren" who he sings about at home, and who coincidentally was a cowgirl. And with Ellie, who greets Caleb every day with "HI CALEB!!" and tries to give him a hug.


Cowboy Caleb watching Mrs Johnson sing

Hopefully I will have more pictures of both boys tomorrow. They are getting the H1N1 vaccine in the AM (which I just found out about today), so we'll see how they are feeling afterwards. We are planning on going to the Herda's annual Halloween bash, so hopefully they will be feeling okay! I already had mine, and it hurt much more than the regular flu shot....I am already dreading them getting it. It's supposed to be COLD tomorrow, so I am not sure how much trick or treating they will do anyway.
3 comments:
Yes, structure. I vote for structure. Like Caleb, Hallie doesn't quite know what to do with herself during free play time. On the other hand, she really thrives on structure and order and knowing what is expected of her. For what it's worth, Hallie's school is a good mix of structure and facilitating socialization/communication between the kids. They also do a lot of sensory activity with the kids (so lots of working with paints, play dough, water tables in the summer etc) and have a music session every day. This has worked out well for her, and given the similarities between Caleb and Hallie, it might be something to try to find for Caleb, too.
Caleb looked adorable! I hope the shots go well. I got mine Thursday and thought the H1N1 was more painful than the seasonal one (I got both at once). However, my arm ached longer from the seasonal shot. Maybe they'll feel fine once they get over the initial jab. Have fun today. :)
Oh yeah, the H1N1 hurt way worse going in, but then my arm wasn't sore at all after. Weird.
Post a Comment