Monday, October 5, 2009

Week in Review

The boys and I ventured to MN last Wednesday after preschool. Caleb was once again terrible in the car. I don't think he slept for more than 15 minutes. And Isaac would have taken a longer nap if C hadn't screamed almost the whole way. It took us 7.5 hours to get there. Enough said :)

I cannot believe how crappy the weather was. It was beautiful when we left WI, and by the time we were in MN, it was raining. And it didn't stop raining until Saturday night.

We still had a lot of run though. The boys did amazingly well being cooped up inside all week. We went to my dad's office and the boys charmed the ladies. And we went and visited my mom's classroom too. We also watched a lot of volleyball, visited a farm, visited some friends, and just hung out with Bedstemor and Papa. I sure wish we lived closer!

The ride home on Sunday was MUCH better. Caleb actually fell asleep right away and slept for about 30 minutes. I think that helped him not be over tired and he was content watching movies for most of the way. They both started screaming with about an hour left, but I'll take that over them screaming the whole way. It "only" took us 7 hours to get back home.

Here's an example of how smart/stubborn Isaac is. We stopped at a rest area and I told the boys they could pick a snack out of a vending machine (I had a whole grocery store supply of snacks in the car, but vending machines apparently have better snacks.) Isaac chose M&M's and I accidently chose "dark" M&M's which come in a purple bag. I didn't think Isaac would notice, and he didn't until we got outside. He finally realized that it wasn't the "normal" brown bag and he threw it down on the ground and started stomping his feet and screaming. People were looking at me like, what in the heck is his problem? I opened up the bag and showed him that they were M&M's and that just made him scream louder. I ended up going back to the car for more money and got him the other bag. He instantly stopped crying and went on like nothing had happened. And the funny thing is, I never even opened that bag and was giving him the dark ones! Such a little stinker!
Read the next few posts for more about our trip.....

No comments: