Caleb got a new "lava lamp" from his grandma recently, in hopes that he'd start sleeping better again. We use it as a night light. (His old one was Joel's from college and it stopped working.) He loves it, although it hasn't helped in the sleeping department yet. Here's a conversation that we had on our walk today:
Caleb (looking up in the sky): Where is heaven?
Me (caught totally off guard): Way up in the sky, past the clouds.
Caleb: What it wook wike? (look like)
Me: I've never seen it, but I know it's a beautiful place.
Caleb: My want to go dare (there).
Me: Well, I hope you don't go there for a long time.
Caleb: Why?
Me: I would miss you too much!
Caleb: Well, maybe God will come into my room some time. Den I will show Him my wava wamp. (Then I will show him my lava lamp). I will show him how to turn it on. God would weally wike dat! (really like that)
Me: I think you're right Caleb. He'll love it. (Not really knowing what else to say.)
Caleb: Yah. God will WOVE to see how my wava wamp turns on and off!
Me: (speechless!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
(tear) he is so adorable!! I love the thoughts of children!! Too precious!
Post a Comment