Friday, November 26, 2010

Night Day at the museum

First of all, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! We have so much to be thankful for! I worked yesterday (and after that experience, I am very thankful that no one in my family has manic depression....). My mom had a delicious meal ready when I got home. I don't have any new pics of the boys because I think I have reached my quota of pictures for the year. They won't even look at the camera anymore..boo! Anyway, my parents are in town which is so nice. The boys love spending time with them and they are spoiling us rotten!

Caleb had another field trip for school last week. They have been "studying" rain forests, dinosaurs, and Native Americans. The Milwaukee Public Museum happens to have exhibits about all of them. When I first learned about the trip, I requested that Caleb have one of his teachers be his "buddy." (They have several parents go on field trips and they are "buddies" for their child and one or two more kids as well.) For one, I wasn't sure how he'd handle the exhibits because I have been there and I thought it was kind of creepy. He was deathly afraid of the dino exhibit at the zoo this summer, so I really thought he'd freak while he was there. And I also wanted him with someone who knows him well, because he's a BUSY guy these days and I didn't want him driving another mother crazy!

His teachers asked me if I wanted to go along on the trip, and I kind of sensed they really wanted me to go. (I would have preferred to wait and go on the trip to the art museum, but oh well!) So off we went! Caleb did really well. His teachers did an awesome job prepping them for the "scary" parts telling them that the museum workers would try to "trick" them by playing the dino sounds. So when we got that part, Caleb said to me "Mom! It's just the people trying to trick us. It's just a recording!" He also was a great listener and I could tell that he had listened in school too because he was telling me all about the things we were seeing.





Of course his favorite part was the bus ride. And on the way back he got to sit in the front seat and watch the driver drive. He was fascinated. All in all, it was a great trip and I am glad that I got to go!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

When Tyler was 2 he ran ahead to the dinosaur room then came screaming back to us after he heard the T-rex.