Isaac had his 4 year old check up this week. He weighs 38 pounds (60th percentile) and is 41 inches (75th percentile). He's "super smart" and passed his hearing test. His doc and I discussed his ongoing tantrums and sensitivity. He really feels that things will get better. He said with "life altering events," it can sometimes take a year for things to settle down and go back to "normal." Isaac IS doing much better, but he continues to cry/throw fits several times a day. His doc also said that it's reassuring that he's not having any issues in school. (His teacher was shocked when I asked her if he had fits there. He's never once even cried and is the most even tempered child in his class!) He would be much more concerned if he was having the same behavior at school. He did say that we could take IZ to a therapist for an eval, but really didn't feel it was necessary at this point. He also mentioned that it's completely normal for a four year old to act this way, even without going through everything Isaac has. It's reassuring to hear that maybe we haven't scarred him forever!
Isaac had to get 4 shots...poor guy! I could have split them up and taken him back for the rest, but his doctor really recommended that he get all of them to help protect Caleb too. Thanks for taking
1 comment:
Too cute!! Funny, Mal had her 4 year appt on Monday. I think it's cute because their stats are so similar =) Mal was 35# (50%) and 40.5 in (65%). She got 4 shots too and was VERY upset about this for days!!! She even cried when we took the band aids off.
Glad to hear the doc isn't concerned about his sensitivity! He has been through a lot! Remind him how proud I am of him!!
Post a Comment