Sunday, September 9, 2012

Mr Greenthumb

Last spring, Isaac brought home a little styrofoam cup with little sprouts in it.  He was very proud of them and said that they would grow to be beautiful sunflowers!  I am not really good at keeping plants alive, but we planted it into one of his buckets (not knowing when our house would sell) and hoped for the best.  There were many times the past few months that I thought they were dead, but we'd give them more water and they would perk up by the next day.  And to my surprise, they made it!  (This may be partly due to the fact that our house was on the market all spring/summer and I kept a lot of potted flowers out for "curb appeal."  And I obviously had to try very hard to keep those looking nice. 

Isaac was SO excited when they bloomed.  I have always loved sunflowers.  So pretty!

No comments: