Sunday, April 6, 2008

Mr Talky Talkerson

Since Caleb has decided that eating isn't for him anymore, his speech development has really taken off. He's now jabbering pretty much all day long, most of which I cannot understand (although HE clearly knows what he's talking about). He's also into repeating the last word of our sentences. It's pretty cute. He was recently tested again by his speech therapist and his expressive language skills are at about the level of an 18 month old. He's 28 months, so he's clearly behind but just 3 months ago he was only at a 12 month old level. He's definitely making progress. Here are the other cute things he's saying/doing lately:

He still calls himself "Haybee" but lately has been shortening it to "Habes" which cracks us up!

Whenever he does something for us (gets something for Isaac, cleans up his toys, or helps us in anyway, etc), he says "daynt do" (thank you) and if we don't tell him thank-you immediately he starts signing thank you until we do. I even saw Caleb telling Isaac to tell him thank you after giving him his pacie....too cute!

Isaac is starting to smile if we say his name to him and smile at him. Caleb will get really close to him and say "I-dit, I-dit" trying to make him smile.

Joel still has a cold and every time he sneezes, even if he's in a different room we'll hear Caleb say "Bet-do" (Bless you)

Whenever I am feeding or changing Isaac and Caleb wants something, I tell him that I will help him when I am done helping Isaac. He always replies "One meenit." (One minute)

Whenever he's running some where, he yells "wunning!"

Whenever he toots, he says "cuse me"

He's very observant when we are driving in the car. He loves to point out every single sign we go past. "Nenno hine" (yellow sign) "Geen hine" (green sign), "Hite hine" (white sign).

His memory is outstanding. Debbie was the nurse that came to our house to give him his RSV shots this season. He never knew her before this and we never talked about her at all. This week he was begging to go outside and I told him that we could after Miss Debbie came. (I didn't mention the shots) He immediately started crying and was screaming "No Debbie, no Debbie" "Debbie owies" I finally got him settled down after about 45 minutes. He immediately cried again when he saw her truck come up the driveway. And now, whenever his pants are off he points where he got the 2 shots and says "Debbie owies."

He had his blood drawn last week and afterwards would point to his arm and day "One pote (one poke) and "owie elbow" (he doesn't know the word antecubital yet!)

Whenever I change his dirty diaper he says "goss" (gross) and plugs his nose.

He's still picky about what he's wearing. If I put a yellow shirt on him he'll say "No nenno. Orange hirt on" If I try to put on his gray shoes, he says "No, hite toos on" (white shoes on) Or "boots on"

He loves to cook me food in his kitchen. He'll bring me what ever he cooked and then bring the salt shaker and say "halt." He thinks everything needs salt!

He continues to love "babit-ball" (basketball) and loves to "hets" (catch) and "hounce" (bounce) the ball

He loves the words "hooge" (huge) and "bubbas" (bubbles)

He asks for Joel every morning and I tell him he's at work. He always replies "Daddy home toon (soon)"

He always asks to go to "grandma house." Sometimes "Grandma house toon"

He calls my mom "Mo" and when he asks for her, I tell him she's in Minnesota. He says "Home toon" Then he says "Papa home toon."

So as you can see he's really doing quite well with his language. It's about time!! I am sure I am forgetting a bunch of new ones, but at least I got some of them down. Since I never started a baby book for him, this blog will at least help me remember some of the cute stuff!

No comments: