Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Was he really that small? (6 months old)

Pictures of Isaac during his first week and now:
It's so hard to believe that Isaac is 6 months old already! He's getting so big and seems so mature to me. When we get him out of his crib or off the floor, he gets really excited and he gives us a huge hug. He LOVES Caleb's toys and is always rolling to get to them if Caleb leaves them on the floor. You can imagine how much C likes that! Isaac knows how to push the buttons on toys to make them light up or play songs...this is just amazing to me. He continues to eat like a champ, always finishing whatever I give him. I got a little nervous last week when I was feeding him rice cereal. He started screaming after a couple bites every time I tried to feed him. I thought to myself "Here we go again," thinking he was going to start refusing like Caleb used to. But, luckily I figured out that he likes to take a couple drinks from his bottle in between bites and all is well again. This boy definitely knows what he wants! We haven't had him weighed lately, but I am sure he's well over 20 pounds by now. Next time I buy diapers, both boys will be in the same size!! It's also time to buy him a big boy car seat because he's starting to look like a little sardine in his infant seat. It says that he can be in it until he's 30 pounds, but I don't think we'll wait that long (Caleb used that seat until he was 18 months old and the only reason we got a different seat for him was because he looked too "old" to be in a baby seat, not because of his size!) I think Isaac's trying to get a tooth because he's been chewing on everything and drooling like crazy. He also likes to try and suck on my chin. He's started to really "talk" to us and has a fake cough too. We say to him "Wow Isaac, that's a bad cough" and he does it again and then laughs. Have I mentioned how stinkin' cute this kid is? Caleb has discovered that he can really make Isaac giggle too, which is so cute. It's so fun to see them interact with each other.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sons are so adorable! I hope to see them (and you) at the AFLAC draft (not sure when it is yet). Caitlin is getting two teeth and has finally figured out she can roll across the floor - yay!

Sarah Furlough said...

Soooooo cute! I can't believe he's 6 months old already!