The boys each got to pick out a plant for me for Mother's Day. Joel said he let them loose in the flower shop and they both took the task very seriously. Caleb has been asking to help plant them since then. Technically he's not supposed to do any digging in dirt, but I had some extra masks laying around and decided let that rule slide for a day.
We have a planter in the front of our house that has been waiting for flowers to be planted in it for years. Since Caleb was so excited about getting to
dig in the dirt plant flowers, we decided this would be the year. We all went together to pick out some more plants. The lady at the shop had to tell me the difference between annual and perennial plants and steered us in the direction of plants that would be good in our planter. (It's in the sun the entire day). The boys were so excited to pick out more flowers. Although I think Caleb was more excited about his new gardening gloves:)
Once we were home, Caleb helped me for about 5 minutes and Isaac helped about 20 and then I was on my own.


The planter didn't turn out too bad, but it definitely needs some work. (The red flower in the middle is the one that Caleb gave me for Mother's Day). I think we picked out perennials, so they should come back next year?? I'm not sure, but at least there's flowers in there for now!

The plant that Isaac picked out for me for Mother's Day needed more shade, so we planted it by our patio. I think this one is so pretty. Hopefully we can keep it alive:)
2 comments:
So cool, I love that they picked out flowers for you! It looks like the one Isaac picked out is a Calla Lilly (love them) they will come back every year but in the fall you will have to dig up the bulb and replant it in spring (the bulb can't take the cold winters and will die otherwise).
Thanks Rhi! I might need you to come over and help me!
Post a Comment