
If there was a spot in the Guinness Book of World Records for the most timeouts in a day, Isaac would definitely be in the running for that title. His hitting is out.of.control. Sometimes he's not off of timeout for 5 minutes, and he's winding up and smacking someone. He doesn't hit anyone in particular, just whoever is closest most of the time. And they are not light, "playing" hits either...he hits hard. If Caleb is the target, he's in tears.
So timeouts clearly aren't the solution. If anyone has advice, I would appreciate it. We never had this problem with Caleb, so I don't know how to solve it! (We put Isaac on timeout for 2 minutes and when he's done, we ask him why he was on time out, which he will tell us, and then he has to apologize to whoever he hit and then give them a hug.)
Tonight after he smacked me, I told him to go and sit on timeout. He slapped his knee with his hand, kind of rolled his eyes and said "Oh man! Not again!" We should have named him Isaac Trouble Teisl!
1 comment:
I am sure it is just a stage, I remember the boys had issues with biting...ugh! Whatever the current issues is, I guess it is about finding what punishment really matters to them. When the boys were younger it was about taking away their costumes and now having them go to bed 30 min earlier really works (especially if one has to go to bed earlier than the other...they are so competitive). That said I can't think what would really get to Mallory right now...she doesn't seem to be attached to anything in particular at the moment.
Post a Comment