Monday, May 16, 2011

Memory like an Elephant**

Caleb LOVES baseball. He also has a great memory and usually doesn't forget something after he's seen/heard it one time. This doesn't always work in our favor as he's always quick to remind us if we've promised him we could get or do something. I am hoping that this super-sonic memory will help him when he actually has to learn new things when he goes to kindergarten....

Here's a video of Joel "quizzing" Caleb on what numbers the Brewers players wear.  (He also knows the numbers of A LOT of players from other teams.)


**An elephant never forgets:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Just when I think he can't possibly get anymore adorable!!

abby said...

It's funny, but Hallie's the same way. I am not sure that she is all that excited about watching baseball (she'd prefer to watch the Bubble Guppies, and given Kyle Kendrick's and the Phillies' offense tonight, I can't say that I disagree) but one of the ways that we've gotten her to watch baseball with us is by turning it into a numbers/names game. She knows that she *is* Ryan Howard since she has his (scaled-down) jersey and knows that he is number 6. Lea is Shane Victorino (8) and I am Carlos Ruiz (51) and Mommy is Roy Halladay (34). Now that she reads, it's all a numbers-and-names game to her and between this and the (all too) occasional enthusiastic whooping around here, she and Lea have gotten into baseball. Next year we'll sign Hallie and perhaps Lea up for T-ball and see what happens.

Trisha said...

Oh yes, we have all been "assigned" who we are too! When we are playing baseball, C won't answer me unless I call him Zack Greinke. He LOVES baseball, but is refusing to play t-ball this year. I think it was way too overwhelming for him last year with all the chaos that comes with 12 teams of 10 four year olds. Maybe when he's old enough for "pitching" baseball he'll try it again. (He's better at hitting that way anyway....)

That's great that Hallie is reading! Caleb has zero intrest in it and it's not something that they learn at his preschool. That's why I am hoping when he HAS to learn to read in school, his memory will be on his side:)