Monday, May 23, 2011

Put me in coach!

It's baseball mania around here. If it's nice outside, we are out playing baseball. I am so tired of pitching. They both continue to impress us with their skills. Caleb is still really good at hitting, but Isaac is sure giving him a run for his money! Caleb has also gotten really good at catching the ball with his glove. His hitting and catching abilities amaze me because he is SO clumsy. The kid can't run without falling down and still runs into door jams/cracks his head in our house.

They are constantly asking to go to the "real baseball field." They think it's so cool to run around the "bases" even though they aren't really there. Isaac always stops at 3rd base so Caleb can hit him in. And of course Caleb always hits home runs, but when he gets to home plate, Isaac is waiting and they slap high-fives. So cute.

Franklin's t-ball starts up soon and Caleb is refusing to play. I think that he was too overwhelmed last year. It was extremely unorganized and chaotic...not a good combo for a kid with anxiety. We aren't pushing it, but are hoping that someday he'll want to play on a team. Of course Isaac wants to play, but isn't old enough yet.

Doesn't IZ look so grown up??!!

And just to let you know, Caleb's blood tests results have been sent to Texas.  I am hoping to hear from them this week.

1 comment:

abby said...

Maybe you can get Wilson Valdez to pitch? (He is the Phillies' utility man who has been playing a lot of second base while Chase Utley has been out who ended up pitching in the 19th inning last night and getting the win over the Reds)

Anyway, the kids look so cute in their baseball gear. I'm hoping that when we sign the girls up for T-Ball that their experience is a good one. But I fear that Hallie will be overwhelmed in much the same way that Caleb has been. Interestingly, though, she too can really catch and throw even if she runs funny and falls a lot. I think these kids end up compensating a lot for their deficits by excelling in places we never expected them to.