Caleb hates to have any attention put on him and he hates a change in his routine. Both things make him extremely anxious, to the point where sometimes can't function because he's so worried about what is about to come. I had talked to him several times about having a party to celebrate the milestone of being one year post transplant. He wanted nothing to do with it. He didn't want a party and he didn't want to invite ANYONE if we did.
I decided that we HAD to celebrate. So I took it upon myself to plan a party. At first we were going to have a simple party at our house...not make it a big deal, just casually invite our friends and family over. But with our house being on the market, the chance of rain, and me having to work the next day, I decided
at the last second that we should have it at a different location. I called up
The Big Backyard folks to see if we could hold his party there the following week. (I used to take the boys there every week to burn off energy during the winter months, but we haven't been there in a while.) And they said, yes! But when I told Caleb about the change in plans, he had a fit. He cried about it in his bed for over 20 minutes. He did NOT want this party. I really thought about changing it back to our house.
I am so glad we had it there. We didn't put much focus on Caleb or Isaac, or the transplant at the party. We got to spend a couple hours with our bestest friends and some family members, watching our miracles have a blast running around like crazy people. Caleb's fears went out the window as soon as we were there and he thanked me for having his party at The Big Backyard after it was over.
We felt really blessed as we left last night. Sunday marks one year. Wow. God is so good.
I didn't take any pictures during the party because I didn't want to set Caleb off, but I did insist on a group picture at the end!
1 comment:
Super adorable!! I just love your blog!!
Post a Comment