We have obviously spent a lot of time in Texas the past year for medical stuff. It was pretty much it, hospital to home, home to hospital and repeat. This trip was going to be a little bit of hospital, but also a lot of fun things. We ended up being at the hospital more than I thought we would, but I think the boys remember the fun things from the trip more than anything.
My mom offered to come with the boys and I for this trip. (Couldn't have done it without her!) This is the first time we have not flown on a direct flight
and if I have any say, we will never fly on a non-direct again. We didn't check our luggage, brought booster seats, back packs, and bags. Another mistake! My mom and I found ourselves carrying/lugging everything through miles of airport to get to our connecting flight, because Caleb was way too slow to keep up if he tried to help, and Isaac was too busy doing his gorilla walk. And believe me, not making him carry anything so he could do his gorilla walk while my back was breaking was MUCH better than him pitching a fit in the middle of extremely crowded airports! They were both rock stars on the plane...still amazed how well they fly. Hoping that carries over to our long trip to Hawaii!!
Ben and Erin graciously let us stay in their guest house again. The boys had fun playing with Jake and Ellie and loved swimming in their pool every day.
Caleb almost drowned a few times because he kept forgetting that after juming into deep water, you have to know how to swim.... Isaac got to go to the clean version of Chuck E. Cheese with them while C and I were at appointments.
We also got to celebrate sweet Baby Kate's second birthday. It was so special to be with them that day. Two little miracles reunited again. We also met up with them at the zoo one morning, which was also fun.
I think the highlight of the trip for the boys was the Houston Aquarium. It was super cool! Most of my pictures didn't turn out, but here's a few. Caleb's favorite part was touching the sting-rays. He kept saying "My dreams came true!" HA! And Isaac's favorite part was riding the train through the shark tunnel.
Tunnel full of sharks
And here is a picture of Caleb and his host-girlfriend sister, Ellie. Both of them swear that they are going to get married some day! HA!
1 comment:
Sooo adorable!! Love all the pictures!! and Caleb and Ellie...what a sweet picture!!
My favorite comment: "The clean Chuck E Cheese" LOL
Post a Comment