Sunday, February 17, 2013

HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY ISAAC!!

Our sweet IZ-Boo, Boozy, Booz, Iche, IZ, Izerellie, Lovey Luker, I, Mister Bister, Little Lukey (his favorite), is FIVE!!! How can that be?  It seems like yesterday we found out we were expecting our little surprise.

Our sweet boy spent his birthday in the hospital with Caleb.  Not what he had planned, but he definitely made the best of it.  He didn't even want to go out to eat for his birthday dinner because Caleb couldn't come too.  He is such an awesome little brother.  When it comes to "going with the flow" in order to accommodate what needs to be done for Caleb, he his a pro.

His white trash cake was a perfect example. He really wanted a "Skylander" cake, "just like the kind Caleb had, but not with Packers on it." Aka dirt cake.  When I found out Caleb was going to be in the hospital, I knew we wouldn't be home in time for Isaac's birthday. And I didn't have time to make another dirt cake for him. Here's the white trash part....I still had a 9X9 dirt cake in the freezer from Caleb's birthday. I peeled off the "7" frosting and replaced it with the word "Skylanders." I put it in the fridge before Caleb and I went to the hospital.  Joel brought it today and Isaac LOVED it. It looked just like he wanted it to! HA! It tasted terrible, but he said it was good and that's all that matters. :)

 
 
I cannot believe that we will be registering him for Kindergarten in a couple weeks! He is SO ready for it. In fact, he asks me almost daily if he can go to school with Caleb yet. He LOVES school. And he loves his friends at school. His best friends are Jack and Gabe. Those three are inseparable at school. He also idolizes Ayden and Troy, his host-brothers. I am so glad that he has buddies.  But he also still likes to snuggle with his mama.  I hope that lasts forever.
 


He's a smartie.  He is super good at math, and often helps Caleb with his adding/subtracting homework.  He also continues to have a wild imagination.  He can take any object and start playing with it, turning it into an elaborate story.  He plays really good by himself, but also likes to play with others.  He LOVES games.  He would play board games all day if he could find someone to play with him.  He also likes puzzles and card games.  Since Christmas, he also has an obsession with Skylanders.  (He's no longer a baby...boooooo!)  He likes to play the Wii game with his "guys", but really likes to just play with them all day long without the TV too. 


He is very excited for the baseball season to start up again.  He's also into basketball and soccer.  I was not able to convince him to play soccer this year, but I know he will play t-ball again this summer.

Happy Birthday sweet Isaac.  We love you so much!

No comments: