Sunday, February 24, 2013

I spoke too soon...

After trying the oral med for 4 days, it was clear that he needed IV meds.  Because he's still on steroids, his immune system is down and the shingles were loving it.

This is what he looked like on Sunday (2/17), even after being on the IV meds for 3 days. Keep in mind that there were just as many spots in his hair as there was on his visible skin.


  On Sunday, they increased his dose (why he wasn't on the highest dose to begin with, I have no idea...) On Monday, it seemed like things were slowing down and he had more "crusties." Tuesday, after going back and forth all day, it was decided that he could go home on a very high dose of oral meds. (The word PICC line was said more than once, and I am so glad that we avoided that!) He has strict instructions that he HAS TO drink 2 liters of water every day. So far, he is doing great.   I am so proud of him.

The plan is to keep him on this high dose of anti-viral med until he's off of prednisone, which should be next week!!  Praying that this is true because it makes him dizzy and have headaches.  He is such a little trooper.

No comments: