Friday, August 24, 2007

A Huge Sigh of Relief



We saw our high risk doc yesterday and finally had another ultrasound. According to him, we have a

"beautiful" baby, a normal level of fluid, and a nice long and closed cervix. The baby was really active, waving his/her arms around. He really doesn't feel that the reason my water broke at 19 weeks was due to a "cervical problem". But, he also does not have a conclusion as to why it happened, which continues to haunt me. The good new is, no surgery to place a cerclage and NO BED REST!! I will have ultrasounds with him every 2 weeks until we hit 24 weeks, mostly to check my cervix and fluid levels. I am glad that we will continue to stay on top of things, just in case there is a problem. I'm feeling much better about all of this now, especially after hearing that the baby is growing well and looks great. Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers. We couldn't get through this without you!

3 comments:

Kim said...

So glad to hear that all looks well--I will keep you in my prayers!

Sarah Furlough said...

YAY! What a relief I know you must have felt! I will keep you in my prayers for a long and uneventful pregnancy.

Cora said...

Oh Trisha, yeah!! How exciting for you and your family! The baby looks just fantastic. I'm so glad that things are working out the way that they are.
Cora