Isaac's new buddy:


I cannot believe how fast Isaac is growing up. It seems like he's doing something new everyday. He can push up off his chest with his arms straight and has even rolled over a couple times from his stomach to his back. When he's on his back, he can roll to his side and pick up a toy and roll back to his back and will chew on it. (I am sure most 4 month olds can probably do this, but it's amazing to me!) Unlike his brother, he'll "play" by himself for long periods of time. He is obsessed with his blanket and will pull it up over his face and take it off, playing peek-a-boo with himself. He loves to laugh especially when we help him clap his hands. It's so cute. Whenever he sees Caleb, his face lights up and he gets a huge smile on his face. He's also sleeping in his own room now. (I know, huge step for me, huh?!) He has stopped sleeping through the night, but I am sure it's because he's adjusting to it. He wakes up "talking" to his mobile and will usually fall back to sleep by himself. He also wakes up to eat at some point during the night. I don't mind though because I enjoy the snuggle time and it's the only time he'll actually let me breastfeed him.He's getting SO big too. He's into some 12 month clothes (onesies) because he's so long. I got out Caleb's bumbo seat and I will have to take pictures of Isaac in it. It's so funny because he looks like I have to stuff him in it since he's so chubby. And when I try to get him out, his little bum gets stuck! Caleb actually fits better in it! And of course, whenever Isaac is in it, all I hear is "Haybee's turn, Haybee's turn."
I took Isaac to church on Sunday and he was so well behaved. (We usually go as a family, but Caleb is horrible in church and we still haven't gotten up the courage to put him in the nursery!)An older woman came up to me afterwards and told me "You have the best baby I have ever seen. I am about to be a great-grandma for the 5th time and I hope that the baby is as good as yours. I can't believe he didn't even make a peep! I can tell he likes music (he was kicking his legs during the songs). And that smile, boy oh boy he's so cute..." She went on and on. I have no idea where she was sitting, but I am pretty sure she wasn't paying attention to our pastor! And she was totally right, we are very blessed with this amazing little guy!
1 comment:
He's so cute! What do you think about setting Isaac and Libbie up? I'm thinking an arranged marriage! At least we know that the in-laws will get along!
Post a Comment