Since this is sort of a "journal," I need to write down a few more things Caleb's been saying. He's constantly making me laugh. I am not sure if it's because the way he says his words is so darn cute, or if what he's saying is actually funny. Anyway, these are the examples I can think of right now (and you might not even think any of them are funny!)
Whenever I give him something he really likes (ice for example) he says to me "Whaty day." (lucky day)
If I ask him if he wants to do something and he does, he shouts "O-tay" (Okay..like the little boy on Little Rascals)
Now when we put him to bed, instead of saying goodnight he yells, in a deep voice "Peets" (peace) and tries to hold up the peace sign. (Which looks like the Star Trek sign since he can't hold up 2 fingers yet) Wonder who taught him that?!
He's really into tickling us and will say "Teetow, teetow" (tickle, tickle)
If I was paid a nickle every time he says "Out-tide" (outside) during the day, I would be a very rich lady.
He's been super whiny lately. When I can't stand it anymore, I tell him he needs to go and take a break on his bed until he's done whining. He cries and stomps all the way to his bedroom (goes there by himself), I can hear him throw himself on his bed, and he cries there for about 15 seconds. (Think he's dramatic?!) Then he comes running back yelling, "Done whining" with a huge smile on his face. (This is repeated several times a day.)
Now he thinks he's Macy's master and when she's outside he yells from the door "Mates, Maytee tum, Mates tum. Tum on Mates" (Macy come, come on Mace) Or if she does something he doesn't like he hits her and says "Puntsing Mates." (punching Mace)
After he eats or drinks something he likes (even if it's just water) he says "Whit-tis" (delicious)
If Isaac is fussing when I am trying to do something, I tell Caleb to go and keep Isaac company. He'll go and kneel about 5 feet away from Isaac and yell "Hi, I-Dit, Hi, I-dit."
I took him to his first gymnastics class and he LOVED IT! He keeps asking to go back to "Nat-tits."
Joel showed him how to make a "diving catch" when playing baseball. Caleb takes the ball, puts it into his glove and then sets it on the floor. Then he lays down on his stomach, sprawled out (not even by his glove) and yells "Dybing tets!"
Whenever Joel or I get up from a chair or the couch (even the floor), Caleb will immediately run to that spot and sit there. He says "Mommy's tot" (Mommy's spot) Or "Daddy's tot."
When I put a blanket on the floor for Isaac, Caleb shouts "Tummy time."
I think he has a little OCD because he can't stand it if the corner of a rug/blanket on the floor is folded up. He'll fix it and say "Daya betta." (There, better.)
When he thinks something's funny he hits his forehead with his hand and says "Oh deez!" (oh geez)
When he's "thinking" about something he wants he puts his finger by his mouth and says, "Hmmmmmmm."
That's all I can think of right now, but I will add more when I remember them. I probably sound like a broken record, but can you believe how much he's talking?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, his talking is amazing...and very, very cute too!
Post a Comment