Friday, June 6, 2008

Conversation with Caleb

Joel worked late tonight and I was trying to put Caleb to bed when he got home. Joel was on the phone when he walked in and this is the conversation with Caleb that followed:

Me: Daddy's being loud, huh?
Caleb: Ut, up Doe (Shut up, Joel)
M: What did you say?
C: Ut, up Doe.
M: Did you just tell your daddy to shut up?
C: Hesh (yes)
M: Well, that's not nice Caleb.
C: Too woud (loud)
M: I know he's being loud, but it's not nice to say shut up. Should we go and tell him he's being too loud?
C: Hesh
C: (to Joel who's still on the phone): Too woud, daddy. Too woud.
Joel: Sorry Caleb. I didn't mean to be loud.
C: Darn it, daddy. Grrrrrr. Darn it. (As he's slapping his own thigh)

It seems like yesterday that he was just saying his first words, and now he's calling his dad by his first name and telling him to shut up! I guess we're really going to have to watch what we say now! What a little stinker. I cannot get over how much he's changed in the past month! Maybe he just realized that he's 2.5 years old now and was "supposed to catch up by the time he was 2." (For those of you who don't know, there's a "myth" that premature babies will catch up to their peers developmentally by the time they turn 2 years old.) Anyway, I don't care why he's suddenly making leaps and bounds with his development...I am just thrilled that he's doing so great! It's just another example of how he's a little walking, (and now) talking miracle!

No comments: