Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Houston, We have our first words!

At the age of 22.5 months old, Caleb has officially said his first real words. Yesterday I asked him if he wanted to go outside. He did his typical answer and signed "more." I told him to use his words and say "yes." Normally when I tell him to use his words, he just points to his mouth. But today he replied "Yes!" He's saying it consistently now, although most of the time it sounds like "yesh." He'll only say it when the answer to our questions really is yes, and continues to shake his head "no" when he doesn't want to do something. Pretty smart huh?
His second word is "hat," which he started saying today. As I have mentioned before, he loves hats. He doesn't like wearing them, but likes to carry them around or make me and Joel wear them. Today out of the blue he started saying hat. He still does the sign for hat when he says it, which is so cute. He's really thriving lately, and I LOVE IT!
Halloween preview:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trisha, I love your blog!!! It is such a joy to check every morning! I got goose bumps about his first words and think it is so amazing how quickly after his first came his second! I love the Halloween preview too, that cracked me up!! See you soon =)

Cora said...

Yeah Caleb! I'm so happy that his first word was yes, and not no!