For those of you who have asked, here's a belly shot (22 weeks). Yes, I am starting to "show." Actually I almost passed out today at the doc's office when I realized that I have gained almost 20 pounds already! I guess I am really working hard at making sure this baby weighs more than Caleb did! I keep telling myself that I will have plenty of time to lose the 80 pounds I'll probably gain after our big, beautiful, full term baby is born. My ultra sound was good again today. In fact my high risk doc told me that it was "better" than the last one. Hard to believe when he told me the last one was "perfect." My cervix is actually longer than it was last time. He thinks that the contractions that I'm having really were affecting my cervix. And even though the measurements were "normal" before, the progesterone shots seem to have taken some stress off of my body. I am still having contractions every day, but the news was reassuring. The baby is in almost constant motion, especially when I am trying to get some sleep at night (when his big brother is actually sleeping and not screaming). I think they are already plotting against me!We also got Caleb's labs from his immunology appointment last week. His liver enzymes are the best they have been in over a year! Still not normal, but getting closer. Two months ago his levels were AST 162 (normal is less than 40) and ALT 168 (normal is less than 50). This check they were AST 84, ALT: 90. His other labs also showed that there aren't any infections brewing in his little body at this time. This is such a relief to know, especially since he's been running fevers every few days lately. It was also great to hear that he's no longer anemic. His docs are really pushing to start him on a new medication (actually they've been wanting us to start it for months now, but it was brought up again last week) It's just really hard to trust them, especially since the last time they started a new medication it nearly ruined his liver!
Joel started his new job last week and seems to like the change. (He wasn't actually looking for a new job, but a company called him and made him an offer he couldn't resist) He has a longer commute to work, but he doesn't seem to mind it.
I think that's about it for now. I hope you are all having a great week! Thank you for your continued prayers! They are obviously working!
3 comments:
Trisha you look AWESOME!! Love the belly shot!! What great news on the ultra sound and on Caleb's decreasing numbers!! Great work!!
What a beautiful pregnant belly! I think you are right- your boys are plotting against you.
So glad to hear Caleb's liver enzymes are down- that is GREAT news. Also glad to hear the good news about your latest doctor's appoinment!
Hang in there, only 18 more weeks! :)
Love the belly! It is just too cute. I'm so glad that it was good week for doctor visits...for both you and Caleb. Keep up the great baby growing work!
Post a Comment