Thursday, October 11, 2007

Road Trip

We just got back from a "quick" road trip to MN. My brother and his fiance decided that they'd make the trip with me so I could watch Caleb's Auntie Annemarie play volleyball (THANKS again guys!). I wanted to make sure we went to MN one more time before we get too far into the RSV season. It's a 6 hour trip and I knew I couldn't do it alone, especially since Caleb will not sleep in the car and as you can see from the picture, really doesn't like traveling. Caleb had a doctor appt on Monday, so we left right after we saw the doc. Monday night, my grandma and uncle came down from St Paul for dinner. They have only seen C one other time, so I was glad they were able to make the trip too.

Entertaining Uncle Tristan
Tuesday, Caleb got to meet "the ladies" at my dad's office. He even ate part of a graham cracker they gave him. Little show off, do you think he'd do that for me?! We also visited my mom's kindergarten class. We didn't stay too long though because they were all in awe of him and he really disrupted their learning! That night we went to the volleyball game. He had a great time there! He charmed a lot of my old high school teachers and coaches and actually watched the game a bit too. I don't know how many times I heard "Wow, he's much smaller than the pictures make him look!" and "He sure looks great!" Annie's team didn't win, but I was really impressed with how well she did! I haven't been able to watch her play for 2 years, and she has gotten really good! She's in 8th grade, but got moved up to the freshmen team. It seems like yesterday my parents were dragging her to WI every weekend to watch my college VB tournaments (of course she loved every minute of it!). She was only four years old, where has time gone? For those of you who know Annie, can you believe how tall and grown up she is?! Even though the trip was too short, we had a good time. Going "back home" always makes me wish we live closer!
Today, I got a call from Caleb's nurse at the clinic, and she told me that he's been approved for another season of the RSV shots. I am so relieved. (Normally insurance companies only approve them until the child turns 2 years old, but since C has ongoing health issues, they agreed to make an exception) Right now they are just battling the insurance company about where he will get the shots. The clinic wants him to get them at home by the Visiting Nurses Association, and the insurance company wants him to get them at the clinic. They are so stupid....why would they want us to be in the clinic if we don't have to?! So, we should know within the next couple weeks what their decision is. At least he'll be getting them and we can be a little more relaxed about our isolation than we were last year.

Glad to be home with "Dat" I also have a prayer request. Our friends Chris and Heidi are expecting their first baby at the end of December. Heidi's placenta has been giving her problems her entire pregnancy. She's only 28 weeks along and was admitted to the hospital today with more bleeding. They've seen everything we've been through with Caleb and are very scared. So far, the baby continues to look good and she's not technically in labor at this time. Please pray that her body allows little Caitlin to "cook" at least a few more weeks. Thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you got to make the trip!! Gosh I just saw Annemarie a couple months ago and she already looks more grown up now!!