Caleb has really started to babble lately. Still no real words, but he's definitely realized that his voice can be used for something other than screaming. He's recently started to love looking at pictures of me or Joel and tell us who's in the picture. He'll keep saying"mammama" or "dat dat dat" until we acknowledge that he's right. The other day, I was busy doing things around the house and he was looking at a People magazine. (I still can't believe how long he actually sat there and paged through it.) I heard him start saying "mamammama," which can sometimes mean Elmo. I figured he wanted to watch his favorite red pal, and I told him I'd put Elmo on when I was finished. He kept saying "mamamamama," so I went to see what he was up to. He looked at me with a huge grin and pointed to a beautiful, thin actress with dark hair in the magazine and said "mama." At first I didn't know what he was doing, but he kept pointing to the woman and saying "mamama." Then I realized he thought that it was a picture of me! I told him, "YES! That is mama! You are so smart!" I wish you all could have seen the look on his face. He was so proud of himself that he found his very own mama in the magazine! How adorable is that?!
2 comments:
Awww, Caleb loves his mommy! What a sweet little kid!
Not only did he find "you"...he thinks that you look like a model! You've just got to love the unconditional love of a sweet little boy!
Post a Comment