Friday, September 5, 2008

Finally an Update! (Isaac)

The boys are changing so fast. I started an update a while ago, but they are doing so many new things it's taking me forever to finish. I decided to do them separate and will start with Isaac since he had his 6 month check up today. He's a whopping 21 pounds, 14 oz and 29 inches tall (95th percentile for weight and off the chart for height). He's now wearing 12 month clothes and 18 month onesies/one piece outfits. He may have to just wear sweat pants this winter because his thighs are so chubby that they don't fit into pants very well. I will probably jam him into jeans/cords once in a while because I think it's so cute when babies wear "real" clothes.
His ped was very impressed with all that he's able to do since most big babies are "lazy and just lay around." Not Isaac. He's on the move these days. He's perfected his version of army crawling and can scoot across the floor really well now. And if he gets tired of doing that, he rolls where ever he needs to go. I think he's going to start crawling soon because he's really experimenting with getting onto his knees and launching himself forward. He can spot a magazine on the floor across the living room and will get there in seconds so he can eat paper. He's obsessed with paper. And even though everything he gets his hands on goes into his mouth, his doc said there are no signs of any teeth coming yet...
He also LOVES Caleb's toys (see pictures) and the minute C leaves one unattended, Isaac is there putting it into his mouth or trying to figure out how it works. I am constantly hearing Caleb tell Isaac "I too widdle" (Isaac too little) as he snatches the toy back. Isaac loves it when Caleb is sleeping so he has free reign over all of the toys. He's discovered that he can dump out the bins and boxes of toys, which drives C crazy. He also has a major obsession with Macy (our dog). He laughs, kicks his legs and gets a huge smile on his face whenever she comes into the room. And he will scoot and roll over to her if she lays down. He giggles when she licks his toes, which is so cute. He can sit up pretty well by himself, but not well enough to leave him alone yet. He has started to say "Da-da," which he will yell or whisper. I love it when he whispers. I wonder how he learned that...watching him develop and learn new things is really amazing. He's become a very loud baby who loves his voice and loves to bang his hands on things to make noise. He also started clapping today...so adorable! I cannot get over how quickly he's growing up!
He continues to love eating solids (obviously!) and thinks he's too old for his bottle. I am having a terrible time getting him to drink his bottle during the day. He sucks it down quickly when he's tired though (doesn't that sound familiar!) It's so weird not having to put the date on the opened baby food. Since it's only good 2-3 days after opening it, I was constantly throwing it out with Caleb. He just never ate enough at one time. Isaac finishes one container in a day! We are going to try and change Isaac's nap "schedule" so hopefully he'll start sleeping through the night again. He's been waking up around 11 PM (he goes to bed around 6) and is ready to party. We hear him laughing, "talking," and kicking in his crib. After a while, he starts screaming until we go get him (and when he sees us, he gets a huge grin on his face and flails his arms and legs because he's so excited. Just makes you want to pick him up and give him a huge hug and kisses). He's also learned how to turn his mobile on and off with his fingers,...I may have to take that out soon! Little smarty!
He's pretty much always in a good mood and goes with the flow. He has to tag along to all of Caleb's activities and he doesn't seem to mind it a bit. We are very lucky he's so laid back! I can tell that he's the one that's going to keep us on our toes though. He always has that "look" of mischief in his eyes!

No comments: