
Breaking news around here. Caleb is about 90% potty trained!! I still put a pull-up on him when we leave the house and a diaper at bedtime, but otherwise he wears "big boy" pants all day and keeps them dry! I didn't think he was ready to do it, but we were at the store 2 weeks ago and he saw some princess undies he HAD TO HAVE (we were looking for socks for Isaac). When I said no, he threw a complete fit. I told him underwear are for big kids. (Plus, they really were way too big for him since the smallest they had was 2T/3T.) His reply, "Haybee bid tid" (big kid) So, I decided to buy him a pack, but gave him the option of Thomas or Elmo (he did get princess spoons...)
I put them away when we got home and I thought he had forgotten about them. The next day he was asking for them, so I got them out and told him that if he wore them, he couldn't get Thomas wet, or he'd be sad. (Thanks to my incredible ability to shrink clothes, they actually stay on him pretty well, although they are still way too big.) The first pair lasted about 3 minutes and he peed all over the floor, and my foot. He had a look on his face like "What in the heck just happened?!" So I took him and sat him on the potty chair and reminded him that Thomas wants to stay dry. The second pair lasted a little longer and when he peed that time, he was crying as he was going. So, I ran him to the chair and he finished. The third (and last pair) he kept dry the rest of the day. So much for waiting until after my brother's wedding in October to "train" him!
Last week, I pretty much had him on the potty chair at least every 20 minutes. Sometimes he'd tell me he had to go and other times I'd just tell him it was time. I do a rediculous "potty dance" after he goes and he gets one sticker for pee and two for poop, which he likes to wear on his hands. This week, he has told me when he has to go most of the time, but if I notice it's been a while I ask him and he says "yes" or "no." He's really only had about 4 accidents in 2 weeks and 2 were because he was afraid to poop on the potty. Now when he was to poop, he'll say "Sing momma." So we sing a song to distract him. When we go out, he stays dry and will even use public toilets (I had really had to get over my fear of germs fast!! Although I line the seat with half the roll of TP! I really need to get one of those folding seats from One Step Ahead. I just wasn't prepared for him to be POTTY TRAINED so soon!!!!)
I put them away when we got home and I thought he had forgotten about them. The next day he was asking for them, so I got them out and told him that if he wore them, he couldn't get Thomas wet, or he'd be sad. (Thanks to my incredible ability to shrink clothes, they actually stay on him pretty well, although they are still way too big.) The first pair lasted about 3 minutes and he peed all over the floor, and my foot. He had a look on his face like "What in the heck just happened?!" So I took him and sat him on the potty chair and reminded him that Thomas wants to stay dry. The second pair lasted a little longer and when he peed that time, he was crying as he was going. So, I ran him to the chair and he finished. The third (and last pair) he kept dry the rest of the day. So much for waiting until after my brother's wedding in October to "train" him!
Last week, I pretty much had him on the potty chair at least every 20 minutes. Sometimes he'd tell me he had to go and other times I'd just tell him it was time. I do a rediculous "potty dance" after he goes and he gets one sticker for pee and two for poop, which he likes to wear on his hands. This week, he has told me when he has to go most of the time, but if I notice it's been a while I ask him and he says "yes" or "no." He's really only had about 4 accidents in 2 weeks and 2 were because he was afraid to poop on the potty. Now when he was to poop, he'll say "Sing momma." So we sing a song to distract him. When we go out, he stays dry and will even use public toilets (I had really had to get over my fear of germs fast!! Although I line the seat with half the roll of TP! I really need to get one of those folding seats from One Step Ahead. I just wasn't prepared for him to be POTTY TRAINED so soon!!!!)
Anyway, I cannot believe how easy this has been and am still waiting for him to say "Just kidding! I need to wear diapers!" Hopefully that won't be the case though. I am so proud of him!
-------------------------------------------
And I need to write this down for memory's sake.... Caleb's new response to me is, "No, not today. Some-a-day (someday)" For instance, when I tell him he has to be nice to Isaac, he'll reply "No not today. Some-a-day. Some-a-day, momma." Isn't he a little stinker?!
3 comments:
Great Job Caleb!! You are a BIG boy now! Could you have a talk with you buddy Joshua and tell him that it is pretty cool to be a big kid. He really could care less! We have been trying now for over 2 months and just when you think he is a Big Boy!He stops. Keep up the Great work Caleb!!!!
Hi Trisha,
It sounds like things are going really well. I am so happy to read all of the positive news! Caitlin is almost crawling (she takes about three crawls and then army crawls, rolls, or sits-up). She's so funny! She also just starting "sharing" food, toys, and her sippy cup with us. It's so cute. We should get together soon. Take care!
Heidi
That is such wonderful news Trisha!!! Awesome job Caleb!!! I am so impressed!! Funny about the size of the undies!! Same thing with us...the smallest size I could find was 2T-3T. The boys are still wearing the first packs they picked out (over a year ago) and they are still saggy. Oh and public bathrooms are disgusting..yuck (that is why I prefer Jason takes them to the mens, that way they don't have to touch the toliet)!! I agree with Heidi we need to get together soon!!
Post a Comment