Wednesday, March 24, 2010

2 year check up

Isaac passed his 2 year check up with flying colors. He's meeting and exceeding all of the expectations for a 2 year old. He's now 30 pounds, 5 oz and 36.5 inches tall. That puts him in the 80th percentile for weight and 85th for height. He's definitely slimming down and losing his baby fat. But he sure can eat (when he's not "too busy" of course!). His ped predicted that he'll be about 5'11"-6' tall when he's done growing! We've gotten the green light to switch to 2% milk, which we will be switching Caleb to as well. (Caleb has a doctor's appt in a few weeks and we'll see where his weight is and may end up switching him back to whole milk again). The next thing we need to tackle with Isaac is potty training. He does very good with it in spurts, especially when there's "B-tarts" involved (sweet tarts). But then he loses interest and refuses to sit on the toilet. We're not going to push it at this point. He got his Hep A shot at the end of his appointment. He didn't cry at all, just looked at the nurse like he was thinking "Why in the heck did you just do that?" He got to pick out a sticker and he said "One for Cay-yub too!" He really adores his big brother!
----------------
I was getting the boys' breakfast ready the other morning and Isaac was taking all of the DVDs out of the cabinet.

Me: Isaac, I just put all of the DVDs back in there and made it nice and neat. Please don't make a mess.
Isaac: I not making a mess.
Me: Then why are you taking all of the DVDs out? It looks like a mess to me!
Isaac: No! I not making a mess. I building a tower. See?

No comments: