Saturday, December 11, 2010

Mr Focus

As you know, Caleb has very little focus and doesn't do one activity too long. Isaac on the other hand will sit and do an activity for a long time. I am amazed by his ability to focus. He loves playing the Leapster (something C has no patience for), Cool School on the computer, board games, puzzles, coloring, the list could go on. He would sit in front of the TV all day if I'd let him too:) He's also very content playing by himself and doesn't constantly need to be directed or entertained. He knows all of his numbers and most of his letters. He can also beat me in Wii games.

The other day I asked him if he knew how to write his name. (I have only helped him do it a couple times.) I knew he could write an "I" because he's been doing that for a long time, but had no idea he knew how to write the rest. He got out some paper and a marker and started to write it. He needed help with his "s" but he did the rest himself. I was impressed! (I wish the pic would have turned out better.) When he's having one of his million tantrums everyday, I have to remind myself that he's not even three yet. He just seems so much older to me.

3 comments:

Cora said...

After having a micro as your first, and a term baby second, it's so hard to tell if baby #2 is advanced or just normal.

I gave Jillian her first bottle today, and she didn't choke or cough...shocking! Or normal I guess, but certainly not what I'm used to!

Trisha said...

So true Cora! It is so hard not to compare them too!

YEAH Jillian! I remember back when Isaac was born, he was losing weight so they made me give him a bottle after breast feeding. When he was a little over a week old, he'd suck down 4 oz every time! At that time, Caleb had NEVER had 4 oz in one sitting! Yes, "normal" is weird, huh?!

Trisha said...

PS! You need to update your blog!! It's not like you have anything else to do these days:)