Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Itsy Ditsy Spider

I recently realized that Isaac doesn't know many "classic" children's songs/rhymes. He LOVES music and knows the words to a lot "pop," country songs, and Christian songs. But when I was trying to sing the children's songs with him, he looked at me like I was crazy! I couldn't believe he didn't know most of them! (I think the only ones he knew was ABC's, Wheels on the Bus, and Twinkle Twinkle.) I blame this on the "second child syndrome" as Caleb knows almost every single one of them. Isaac didn't even know The Itsy Ditsy Bitsy Spider (or Mary had a Little Lamb, Jack and Jill, Humpty Dumpty...I am so embarrassed!) It's not that he NEEDS to know them, but I think this is something that most kids do.

So, we've been working on them. Here's a video of him singing, The Itsy Bitsy Spider. He has a cold right now, so he sounds a little congested. And he doesn't quite have the words right, but I think it's cute:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's adorable!! Love it!! Did I hear him right and the spider went up the waterfall?? LOL too cute!!
Have I mentioned how much I enjoy reading your blog??