Sunday, June 5, 2011

5 and a half

Since Caleb's birthday is so close to Christmas, we started doing a small party for his actual birthday and then a "half" birthday in the summer. It works out great because then he can get summer stuff and the party can be outside. This year, we combined the party with his cousins, Natalie (5.5), Will (4.5) and Jaxon (3.5).  That way Joel's grandparents didn't have to travel for several parties.  Of course the weather was crappy for most of it, but I think everyone had lots of fun anyway. Isaac felt really left out though, so I think we'll include him too next year.  Although he keeps telling me that he doesn't want to be "free and a half or four" because he wants to be "free" (3) forever!

Don't let this purple tongue fool you into thinking he ate a cupcake! That happened from one little lick of frosting! There must have been a ton of dye in them!  I didn't take any pictures of the other kids, but they were all a purple mess!!  Of course IZ didn't have one because they looked too messy:)
He got TONS of presents, but I think this is his favorite. (Maybe we can now throw away his turquoise guitar that only has 2 strings?!) He continues to LOVE music.

No comments: