As most of you have heard, Caleb will be having a bone marrow transplant. We will be leaving July 15th for Houston, TX. Caleb and Isaac will begin pre-transplant testing on July 18th, and then if all goes well, Caleb will be admitted to Texas Children's Hospital on July 26th to begin chemotherapy. On August 5th, Isaac will be admitted and Caleb will have his transplant that same day. These dates may change a little, but this is the general time frame.
C will be in the hospital at least 5 weeks, and then will be seen frequently as an outpatient. We are likely going to be down there 4-5 months. Joel will come and stay a while during/after the transplant, but will then travel back to WI with my sweet IZ. I don't even want to think about that at this point. It makes me way too sad.
My current stress is figuring out where Caleb and I will stay after he is discharged from the hospital. Apartments down there are EXPENSIVE! They do have a Ronald McDonald House, but I have heard it's not a good place for "post transplant kids." The social worker and I have been playing phone tag, so hopefully she'll have some ideas for us.
So anyway, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I will try to keep this blog going during this crazy time. We really haven't been up to anything other than playing baseball non-stop! I have set up a Caring Bridge site for Caleb. www.caringbridge.org name: calebryan
-----------------------------------------------------
Isaac's imagination is in full force these days. He has a couple new imaginary friends. "Pane" is still his best friend and the one he talks about the most. He also has "Can-Can-Can" "Turkey" and "Callen Blue." The other night he asked me what we were having for dinner and after I told him, he said "But I HATE that!" I told him he never had it before and his reply was, "Yes I did! I had it at Pane's house!"
And Caleb picked a movie to watch today that they had never seen before. Isaac told him, "But I HATE that movie!" After Caleb informed him that they had never watched it, Isaac replied "I already watched it at Panes house! And I hate it!"
He's also very quick to blame things on "Can-Can-Can," because "he's naughty".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment