Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Baseball junkie

Isaac lives and breathes baseball at the moment. He is either talking about it, playing a pretend game with himself or sometimes Caleb, asking to play it, or asking questions about it. ALL.THE.TIME.    He gets upset when Caleb tells him he's "out" even though there's not really even a ball.  He runs the "bases" around our house and is perfecting his sliding.  Even when he's laying in his bed at bedtime, he's swinging his pretend bat and saying "Strike one. Strike 2. Strike 3. UGH. I am out!" Or "Ball one, ball two, ball three. Ball four. Batter take your base." Or "It's going, it's going, it's GONE!!" (And this is just a couple of his phrases.) It's pretty stinkin cute:)
The other day, I had him with me shopping and he saw a baseball helmet he had to have. I really didn't think he'd wear it, but since I am a softy these days, I caved and bought it. He's not letting me down. He wears it more often than not.  Even though it's a kids size, he looks like a little bobble head with it on.

Joel had to work late the other night so I took them to a baseball field to play some ball. Isaac wore his helmet the entire time.  After every time he hit, he ran around all the bases! I bet he went around at least 15 times and it's a "real" ball field, so the bases are pretty far apart. Needless to say he slept good that night!



This one cracks me up because it shows how he's always thinking about baseball.  We were on our way to one of Joel's baseball games. I guess Isaac wanted to make sure he was ready when we got there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of him running....so adorable!! Can't wait to see my cute Godson in the major leagues =)