Since it's SO hot here and Caleb still is not 100%, we have to improvise around here. They are REALLY missing baseball. The first few days, their baseball fever was satisfied by their baseball games on DS's and Super Nintendo and even by their pretend games (without a real ball or bat.) But, they have started swinging their new wood bats from the Astro's game inside, so I had to find something else. While at Target today, I tried to find little softer "baby" bats like the boys used to have when they were little. No luck. So, I bought one of those long pool "noodles" and cut it into "bats" when we got home. I am so happy that they agreed to try them and how good they work. The boys are so excited to be able to play real baseball inside now. I don't even know how many hours they played in the hallway today. My mom and I took turns pitching, although they say she is better:) We even took their new bats outside when the temp was under 100 this evening and played a couple rounds. I can tell the boys don't like this heat because they actually asked to be done playing baseball outside...something that never happens back home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment