Monday, August 1, 2011

No turning back now

Tomorrow Caleb will start his journey to be cured of CGD. We saw his main doctor today and he went over everything with me. Joel and I have always known there are huge risks with bone marrow transplants, but to see it all written out on paper made it really real. We just need to keep our eyes on the prize and trust in God that Caleb will be okay.

Caleb got his last shot tonight! He was so excited about it. That's one reason he wants a "new factory." He absolutely hates getting his shots.

He will be admitted tomorrow and start chemo on Wednesday. His transplant will be on August 12th. Caleb's doctor actually encourages sibling visits. Isaac is welcome on the BMT unit as long as he isn't sick. Of course we don't want to put Caleb at any risk of illness, but for those of you who know these little guys, know that they are inseparable. I am glad that IZ will be able to visit once in a while. It will be good for both of them.

Thanks again for your messages. We can definitely feel the love. Caleb loves the jokes his buddies send. (Especially the made up ones that don't make sense.) He laughs hysterically when I read them to him!

For those new to our blog, I have decided to keep a separate Caringbridge page to document Caleb's bone marrow transplant journey.  www.caringbridge.org/visit/calebryan

No comments: