Monday, August 29, 2011

From Caringbridge

Day +17

We just found out that Caleb's test for CGD is NEGATIVE!!
Caleb is CURED!

WBC: 3.53, ANC: 2610!!

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!  I wouldn't say I am in shock, because I believe that God has special plans for this little guy. But I still cannot believe it when I say "Caleb doesn't have CGD anymore!! Caleb is CURED!!!!!"

That being said, we still have a long road ahead. The first 100 days after a bone marrow transplant are critical. This is when major issues can arise. He is at risk for graft vs host disease, infections and viruses. He will be on a number of medications to prevent these things, but they can still happen. We will have to be VERY careful with him for a long time (at least a year) until ISAAC'S!!! cells are up and running in full force. But, I pray that the roughest part of this journey is over. I can worry about all those things tomorrow though! Tonight I will praise God for curing our sweet boy.

Caleb will be going "home" to our apartment on Thursday (they said he could go today, but his momma isn't ready!). We will have to stay in Houston until at least November 20th (day +100). Thank you for your love and support as we begin the next phase!




PS: Our little hero, Isaac, has adjusted to life back home wonderfully. His Grammie and cousins are keeping him busy while Joel is at work. And he has been super good for Joel at home. He starts preschool next week, which will be so good for him. Thank you for keeping him in your prayers as well!

No comments: