Saturday, December 17, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree!

According to Joel, Isaac was VERY into Christmas this year.  He was constantly singing Christmas songs and noticing all of the festive things in the stores they went into.  This is the first year he actually "gets" it.  He wanted to wait for Caleb and I to get home to decorate our tree.  I hoped and prayed that we would actually be home to decorate it with him. 

Joel and Isaac set up our tree the night before Caleb and I came home.  He warned me that it was in pretty rough shape.  (We have never been able to have a real tree because of Caleb's health issues.)  Half of the lights on it no longer worked, and some of the branches didn't"stand" up anymore.  Despite all of this, Isaac was SO excited that it was up.  While the tree has seen it's better days, I was able to string new lights on it which also helped hold up some of the branches.  Maybe a little WT, but I still think it looks okay...we definitely aren't in the market to buy a new one this year anyway. The boys and I decorated it at 6:30 in the morning after we arrived in WI.  IZ had waited long enough!

Isaac was very into "grouping" the ornaments that were the same onto the same branch. Every time I looked at the tree, I couldn't help but laugh.




I missed this little man so much! (This is his new smile...)

No comments: