Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday Caleb!!

I cannot believe our first baby is 6 years old!  Our little miracle, who we weren't sure would survive his first few days of life, has been with us 6 whole years!  Caleb is such a tough little guy with an amazing spirit.  So many people here have told me that he's "such an old soul" and cannot believe he's only turning six!.  He's a tough little boy too and I am so proud that God chose me to be his mama.  His life definitely hasn't been easy, but hopefully his new factory will make things so much better for him.  I cannot wait to see what this year brings for our sweet boy.

We don't have an oven in our apartment, and while our toaster oven worked okay when we made cookies I didn't think baking a cake in it was such a good idea.  Caleb still has limitations with what he can eat, so we settled for an ice cream cake.  First he wanted it decorated with Robert Clemente or Monte Boll, but he settled with just a football because his mother has zero cake decorating skills! We took it to clinic yesterday and they had a little party for him.  I wish I would have taken a picture of everyone who sang for him...it was pretty much the ENTIRE clinic. 

Even though we weren't home in WI, I think he had a pretty good day.  I think his favorite part was getting the okay to eat a Big Mac from McDonalds as long as it was made fresh. I am not sure how "fresh" McDonalds can really be, but I agreed that since it was his birthday, we could get him one. He ate the WHOLE thing in the car while we waited at the pharmacy drive through.  When he was done he said, "I was waiting my whole life for that!"  HA!

Happy Birthday Caleb Ryan! We love you so much and are so proud of you!


With Miss Alex at his "party"

Miss Holly


No comments: