We have made so many close relationships while in Houston. Today we had to say "see ya later" to our new family. It was bittersweet because we are finally going home, but leave behind some really great people. These people have gotten Caleb and I through many hard times when our family was not able to be here. I will be forever grateful for the support they have given us. It helps knowing that we will be coming to TX often, so we can see them all again soon!
With Miss Rose who took his blood pressure, weight and height every time we went to clinic. She always joked that Caleb was trying to steal her job because he was always quick to push the buttons for her. :)
A couple of his BMT unit nurses Sheryl and Alex came to say goodbye!
With the Dr who helped cure Caleb, Dr Krance
Another favorite clinic nurse, Heather
Miss Nicole was his BMT unit nurse who switched to the clinic!
With Miss Holly and Miss Sameeya, who was his nurse practitioner
His love, Miss Holly :)
He did say goodbye for good to his PICC line! He was SO worked up before they took it out. A couple of teenage sweeties, who also had BMTs, came to assure him that it wouldn't hurt when they took it out. He kept telling us, "I'm just a little worried about this!" After it was out, he said "I guess those girls were right! It didn't hurt at all!" He insisted we took a picture to show his daddy!
And Miss Kate. We love this beautiful little baby like she is a part of our family. These two have quite the bond. We will sure miss her and her sweet mama Lindsey!
I didn't get any pictures, but we also said goodbye to our host family, the Elmores. They have been so extremely giving and kind to us. We will never be able to thank them enough for letting us stay in their guest apartment. Caleb adores Jake and Ellie and will miss watching them through the window! I cannot wait until they can actually play together someday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment