This week was definitely one of our worst in the sleeping department. Lately Caleb's been getting up 3-4 times a night for a bottle, which is annoying, but okay since he goes right back to sleep. On Monday, Caleb got up at 2 AM for the day. Wide awake, wanting to play. We played until 10 AM when he took his AM nap. The next night, he was up from 3-5AM crying. Thursday night he was up every hour crying and Friday wasn't much better. I am once again blaming this on teething, but the darn teeth just won't come through. (He's been stuck at 4 teeth for over 6 months now.) Because of his liver issues, we can't give him Tylenol and Motrin just doesn't seem to do the trick for him. Needless to say, we were pretty tired, but the weather was so beautiful last week that we couldn't miss the opportunity to be outside. It was nice and cool and better yet, no mosquitoes.
Wide awake at 2 AM!
Wide awake at 2 AM!
We went to the zoo twice which Caleb loved. One day we met my two friends from work and their boys who are a little younger than Caleb. They are both very vocal little guys, and Caleb tried several times to join in their "conversation." We also met our friend Carolyn and her two boys one day. (I forgot my camera) Her oldest is two and is full of energy. Whenever I let C out of his stroller, he was trying to keep up with his buddy. They were both into the buttons that you push to open the doors for the animal buildings. Who needs animals, when you have automatic doors?! I think they could have done that all day! She also has a baby and when he cried, Caleb was looking at him like "What's your problem?" Little does he know that he'll have a brother of his own soon!Alex, Caleb and Ben:
We also went to his new library group, which was a disaster. Last time I signed him up for the birth-18 month group and he had a great time. This time, since he's 21 months old, I signed him up for the 18-36 month group. I think most of the kids were probably 3 years old and Caleb was just lost in the mix. He even cried and was pounding on the door to get out. The teacher was doing activities about colors and most of the kids there knew their colors. He loves going to the library, so I am going to give it one more week. We're nearing RSV season and I really wanted to get one more group in before we can't do it anymore. He did get to make his first art project, however he was more into eating the glue stick and coloring on the table.Reading his favorite book at home, "The very hungry Caterpillar" (He won't read it unless he has the caterpillar so he can make it "eat"!):
I also had to take him to the doc this week. One night he stopped wanting to use his right leg to walk and would scream when I tried to make him. He would limp, or fall when trying. It lasted about an hour. It happened again the next morning with the same leg, so I called the doc and of course they wanted to see him. By the time we got there, he was walking okay again. He has a wonderful doctor and was concerned with his sleep pattern during the week and thought maybe he was getting sick. They did an X-ray of his hip and some lab work. Everything checked out fine. So as Joel put it, "So it's just Caleb being Caleb?" The leg thing has happened a couple times since then, which is so weird. But at least we know he's not getting sick! On Friday he officially graduated from physical therapy! He tested a little behind in his "locomotion" skills since he can't walk backwards and take steps up stairs, but he tested right on target for most of the other things his therapist was looking for. Joel was happy to hear the he tested as being advanced in his "ball skills" (throwing, catching and kicking). He still has dreams of a major league baseball player! Once again, we are very proud of Caleb for how far he's come! I also had her check his hip strength in the "lame" leg and she said she didn't see anything wrong with it, which was another reassurance that he's fine. His other therapist stopped by with "window markers," which he loves. The problem is he obviously doesn't know the difference between regular markers and the window ones and now tries to use his other markers on the window when I am not with him! He can open some of the markers now, so I have to remember to put them where he can't reach them!
Trying out his new window markers:

Saturday morning, Caleb got to play with his cousins at his grandma's house. They are 3 and 5 years old and just adore him. He loves chasing them around and they sure tire him out! On Saturday night, I went out with some people from work. It was nice to get away without my boys and hang out with other adults. Since I don't work much these days, I don't get to see a lot of my work friends anymore. It was really nice to hang out with my girls! We ended the week with a mini Packer party at our house with our friends Jay and Rhi and their twin boys. Caleb actually did pretty good sharing his toys!Caleb also helped me clean this week. Here he is with his new obsession...sweeping with the swiffer.
So as you can see, it was a busy week. This got longer than I planned! We are 18 weeks into our pregnancy this week and things seem to be going well. I have started to feel him move a little bit, which is reassuring. I have another ultra sound this week, so I will post again after that. Hope all is well with everyone! Enjoy one last pic of Caleb taken tonight when we were trying to convince him that it was time for bed. He thought dumping out dominoes and feeding them to Macy was a better idea. (And yes, he's getting his hair cut this week!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment