Well, I am 35+ weeks pregnant which is amazing. I had my last progesterone shot this week...yahooo! I am still feeling tired, but otherwise am doing great. You won't find me complaining about being big and uncomfortable! I know how blessed I am to have made it this far. I could live without all the comments I am getting like "You can't be 35 weeks, you are hardly showing" or "The only weight you've gained is baby!" I've gained 40 POUNDS, people! And I highly doubt that he's going to weigh that much!I have been thinking a lot about the delivery now that we're getting so close. I had to have a c-section with Caleb because of all the complications, plus he was breech. This time, I have been given the choice. Those of you who know me well, know that I have a very hard time making decisions. My OB told me yesterday that he'd like to see me have a VBAC, which of course is a much easier recovery but has its risks. I would have a another c-section in a second if I didn't have a toddler at home to take care of. The plan, as of now, is for me to try a VBAC, but if there are any complications or indications that the baby isn't tolerating it or I'm not progressing relatively quickly, then I'll have a c-section. If I go past my due date, which he doesn't think I will, then I will have a c-section. I will not be induced. I am okay with the plan, but I need to stop reading about the risks of both ways of delivery. I just need to trust in God and believe that He will be with us, the docs and nurses so that our little boy will be brought safely into this world.
As far as a name, we still don't have one. I found a name that I loved soon after I got over the initial shock that we were expecting, but now I am not so sure about it. I wish we wouldn't have told anyone about it because it is a very different name and people have actually told me that they don't like it and have even come up with nicknames already, which I hate. I know it's our decision, but like I said before, I am terrible making decisions and this only complicates things. I have another name in mind and Joel has one he likes, but we can't agree on which one to use. I guess when we finally meet the little guy we'll know.
My wonderful co-works threw a baby shower for me and my friend Kelly (who also works with me and is due 3 days before me). When they were planning it, I tried to make it clear that it should only be a get together to celebrate the births of our second children, and that no one should bring gifts (they already had a big shower for me after Caleb was born). Well, they once again went above and beyond and I left with half of Babies R Us. It was so sweet. I am blessed to work with such caring people.
We finally have Caleb's big boy room done (minus pictures up on the walls) and he's all moved in. His adorable fire truck bed is collecting dust in the basement, which is a whole different story. The room turned out really cute cute and he actually loves it (at least until his baby brother invades his old room!). Now if we could just get him to sleep through the night! I will try and post pics of it soon (along with the Christmas pics I promised. I am behind with a lot of things these days!) I have the baby's clothes and bedding washed and my hospital bag mostly packed. Now we're just waiting for him to arrive! I am very excited, but nervous at the same time. It will definitely be interesting to see how Caleb reacts to his new baby brother. I think he's going to miss my big belly, which he still has to kiss, lay on and hug several times a day!
5 comments:
35 weeks is so cool. I am so happy for you!
I am so thrilled for you! I cannot wait to see pictures of your new little (who will hopefully be nice and BIG) man! I am sure whatever name you choose will be beautiful and perfect for him.
I am glad you got to have a "real" shower. It's one of the things we preemie mom's missed out on.
We are working on Coop's big boy room too! I am nervous about the transition, but I keep telling myself not to stress about it.
Thank you so much for your support and encouragement through the past couple of years, I am so glad we "met!"
Wow...35 weeks is awesome. It sounds like you have a wonderful plan in place for your delivery. Just trust that you've made the right decision, and go with it.
If it makes you feel any better, a NICU RN friend of mine has also decided to go for a vbac. Good luck!
35 weeks...you look GREAT!!! I know God will take great care of you and the baby!! I am so happy to hear what wonderful co-workers you have--you deserve it!!
Your belly looks so cute! I'm so happy to hear you are at 35 weeks! Yippee!!
Post a Comment