Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been SO TIRED lately. I was trying to think why I am so exhausted and here's what I've come up with. At least I have excuses!
1. Joel has been getting home between 8-10 PM every day this week. This means very long days for me and C. Especially since he really starts wanting his Dat around 4. We were able to go for a couple walks this week (in the rain) since the weather was pretty nice, but now we have snow again so that won't be happening for a while. I think we are both getting stir crazy being cooped up everyday. I just don't want to take him out in public since it seems like there are so many illnesses going around.
2. Caleb has been on an eating strike for over a week. This in itself is exhausting. He's been back to his throwing up before even starting to eat, temper tantrums in his high chair, and flat out refusing to eat. I feel like we're back to square one with him. All he wants is formula/bottles. At least he's getting calories, but it's so frustrating because he was doing so well. (I almost posted an eating update a couple weeks ago since his eating was so great.) I've decided not to push him, because that seems to make him really want to do the opposite. We'll see I guess. We go to the feeding clinic in a couple weeks anyway.
3. Caleb is still struggling to get his darn teeth in. Remember this post? Well those molars are still not completely through. I can still see his gums in the middle of them. That's 4 months! Is this normal? The only teeth that are completely through are the front 5. The 4 molars are taking their sweet time. Plus, I think he's finally getting some of the front ones since he's constantly chewing on his fingers.
4. Caleb has been getting up at least 4 times a night again. I want to blame it on the teeth, but I really think he likes to get up so he can eat. I've tried to let him cry, which leads to him being fully awake and done sleeping. I'd rather get SOME sleep than be up playing at 3 AM.
5. We had finally gotten Caleb to take one longer nap, instead of 2 shorter naps. Well, this week he's also decided that he doesn't need any naps. Pure joy, I tell you! Yesterday the bags under his eyes were so dark it looked like he had black eyes!
6. I am 34+ weeks pregnant! Believe me, I won't blame my tiredness on this one! I am so happy and know that we're very blessed to have made it this far! Full term, here we come!
So there you have it. It's all Joel, Caleb's and the baby's fault! Just kidding. Ask me in about a month how much sleep I am getting. I will look back at this post and laugh:)
Seriously though, since I last posted Caleb's language has really started to take off. He's copying what we are saying and will even try to say words we ask him to say. He'd never do this before, he wouldn't even try to say anything and he's really never babbled. His speech therapist didn't see him for 2 weeks due to the holidays and she couldn't believe the progress he's made. Of course we rarely know what he's saying, but at least he's trying and we're hearing his sweet little voice. He sometimes will sign and say words at the same time which makes translating easier:) The one thing I have noticed is that he drops the first letter of most words. For instance, sun is "hun" Papa is "hopa" and soap is "op." I am sure that will all come, we are just thrilled that he's making an effort to talk!
He's also into telling stories, but uses his signs to do it. Of course I know what he's "talking" about since I am with him 24/7 and know what's been going on, but no one else does! For instance, the mail man (wearing a hat) drove up our drive way and knocked on the door to give me a package and I told him thank you. So Caleb's been signing "truck," "lights" (on the mail truck), "hat," "open" and "thank you," all in a row. He has the biggest smile on his face after he gets through all the signs and knows I understand what he's talking about. He probably went through the whole sequence 6 times today. So cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'll bet the eating/no napping/waking up/chewing fingers/miserable thing is all teething related. Hallie's been getting her molars for going on two months now. One broke through but the rest are taking their time, too. A bit of tylenol is taking off the edge (especially at nap time) but her hands are constantly shoved into her mouth (great for the vomiting, I tell you!) and she's been a really light napper of late, and rarely rested.
Congrats on 34 weeks---that's FABULOUS!
Post a Comment