Caleb had his first major wipe out last night. He falls all the time and usually has several bruises in various stages of healing on his forehead, but this was much worse. I was working on some stuff at the dining room table and he was playing around me. He slipped on the floor and cracked his head on one of the chairs that he had pulled out. The gash isn't very long, but it's pretty deep. We contemplated taking him to the ER so they could look at it, but the bleeding stopped relatively quickly and I really wanted to avoid the germ infested Children's ER. Although there probably wasn't anyone there since he did this right during the kickoff of the Packers game...much to Joel's dismay! Anyway, we decided (after a call to my sister-in-law who has 2 older boys) to try and butterfly bandage it, which at least held it together. It doesn't look too bad this AM. I had to redo the bandage since it had opened up a 
little bit, but no signs of infection...my main concern (well besides the ugly scar it's going to leave). He is one tough cookie though, he barely cried after it happened. He was very snuggley though, which I secretly enjoyed since he rarely will sit on my lap unless I am reading a book. He's pointed to it a few times today, but is thankfully leaving the bandage alone. I am sure this is only a minor accident compared to what we will be dealing with in the future since he's such a little dare devil. He's already back to climbing and trying to stand on everything again today, including this. Looks pretty safe, huh?! I'm just waiting for gray hairs to start appearing on my head!
1 comment:
Poor Caleb! But he seems to be handling things quite well. I'm waiting with considerable trepidation for the day that Hallie takes a similar plunge. She likes to dance on tables and climb on everything. I guess it's nice that they explore the universe, but sheesh!
Post a Comment