Caleb has really started to talk the last couple weeks. He tries to copy almost everything we say. Thanks to his grandma, who I think was trying to teach him "darn-it," we have a 2 year old who says "dammit" all day long. I know he doesn't realize that he's saying something bad, but the funny thing is that he uses it correctly. For instance, if he drops a toy, "dammit". If he falls down, "dammit." If the tower he's building falls over, "Dammit." If he can't reach a toy from his toy box, "dammit." You get the picture. I've been trying to ignore him or say "oops" before he can say his favorite phrase, but he prefers dammit. The other new word that I love is "hello." It sounds more like "hawoh." Every time the phone rings he says it. He also loves to lift up my shirt and says "hello" into my belly button. It is SO adorable!
(I started this post before my doc appt and here's the latest about our baby boy.....)
We've had a change in plan for the delivery. I had my appt today and we discussed the "plan" again. I told him that my main concern is delivering the baby safely and then I'd like the easiest recovery since I will have Caleb to take care of too. He really feels that a scheduled c-section is the best option for us. His reasoning is that if I would try a VBAC, he would not want to give me any medication to help push along labor. So my labor could end up being very long and in the end I may still need a c-section. (although may not, but we can't predict that!) He said the recovery from a c-section after laboring is very hard and has many risks including infection and a lot of bleeding. So, we decided the best thing is just schedule a c-section. After thinking about it on my way home, I am relieved. We can now set up plans for Caleb instead of having to call for backup spur of the moment. Of course this little guy might have his own plans and want to come earlier, but for now the plan is for us to welcome him into the world on February 17th at 9:00 AM.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
YAY!!! It must be so nice to have a date and a time to meet your new little one!
You've done such a great job, only a few more weeks to go. I am so jealous, I wish I was further along so that I could RELAX a little.
Way to go, Trisha!
Feb 17...what a wonderful day for a birthday! I'm very glad that you have a plan in place that makes you feel relieved and at peace.
I think this is a GREAT plan! And the baby will be an Aquarian, to boot... (I'm prejudiced, since I'm one).
And great news on the talking ... we're currently panicked about this (we have cycles of food panic v. cycles of talk panic) and it's nice to hear that sometimes it just really takes off on its own. The dammit thing is very funny, although I can appreciate the potential problems with it down the road!
I am so exciting Trisha!! I can't wait to meet the little guy!!
Post a Comment