As I mentioned before, Caleb has really started to talk lately. It's so funny to hear him try and say new words. He no longer calls himself "Haba" but now refers to himself as "Haybee." He copies almost everything we say, so we have to be very careful. He still drops the first letter of most words, so sometimes it's hard to understand what he's trying to say. A lot of the time he puts a "H" or a "D" sound instead of the correct letter For instance "towel, is howel" "spin is din" "candle is handle" "grandma is damma," "sun is done," "glasses is dasses," etc. It's weird because he can say most of the consonants at the end of words, just not at the beginning. He doesn’t have any trouble with words that start with "D" or "M." Of course his speech therapist isn't concerned. (I think he charms her with his cuteness and nothing he does is ever wrong in her eyes). So I guess we'll see. I have to keep reminding myself that he JUST started talking and it will probably take a while before he truly gets it. He can say most of his colors and shapes and has started to say letters, which is pretty exciting. He gets pretty frustrated when we don't know what he wants. Most of the time he still signs while saying words, which helps out a lot. One of the new words he uses all the time (in addition to his beloved D-word) is "Wow!" He always whispers when he says it and gets a very excited look on his face, kind of like everything is suddenly amazing to him. It's pretty darn cute. He's also into scaring us (and everything else in our house) and says "Boo!" pretty much all day long. The other cute thing he's started doing is making noise by blowing on his arm or my (Joel's) stomach (wonder who taught him that?!) He then says "Cuse me!" (Excuse me!) At least he's polite I guess! Have I mentioned that he's 100% boy?!There has been a lot of discussion about Omega 3-6-9 supplements in a preemie group I belong to. Apparently it really helps with little kiddo’s speech/language development. I might give it a whirl. I want to check with his doc first though since he's on other meds and knowing this C's luck he'd have some sort of reaction or something. It's worth looking into though.
Today he was supposed to have swimming class, but when I asked him if he wanted to get ready he told me "no." Joel asked him a little while later if he wanted to go swimming and he told him no again. So Joel asked him if he wanted to go sledding and he said "Yesh!" So we are skipping swimming today. It's supposed to get extremely cold again tomorrow, so he better get the sledding in while he can I guess. And when I say sledding, I mean Joel pulling him around the yard in a sled. Although I am sure he'd love going down a big hill!
No comments:
Post a Comment